Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Backyard: 10/16/16

Looky there, two days in a row.


The yard is waning.
The annuals are done, but I've yet to yank anything.
I could pretend I'll get to it, but they'll be rotting piles of goo until spring, 'cause that's how this gardener rolls.
Let's look at the things that are still pretty, shall we?
This blueberry bush practically glows on gloomy days.



The Fuchsia in The Girl's pot is still lookin' good.
It never did bloom much, but the foliage is really nice.




This Coleus is still gorgeous.



The blueberry bush next to it ain't half bad, either,




I spy my first flowers on an Aster I bought as a plug last year.




The Dogwood is gorgeous right now.
He's still in a pot.
I couldn't commit.


A pulled back view of that area.





I can't for the life of me remember the name of this plant, and I'm too lazy to dig for the tag.
I bought it for the leaves, but it's just now blooming and the flowers are pretty sweet, too.
Is it a Persicaria?  
Crud, I can't remember.



The hardy Fuchsia behind it is going gangbusters right now.
It's insanely pretty when it's covered in flowers.



The Rudbeckia is spittin' out some new flowers and the Crocosmia pods are turning their annual orange.








A pink Japanese Anemone, still hangin' on.


A borrowed bit of red from the neighbor's yard.



The variegated willow is a wee bit out of control right now, to say the least.
Plus, it's soaking wet and flopping from all the rain.




And last, a shot of the 'Wendy's Wish' Salvia.
She's still bloomin' her heart out, much to my neighborhood hummer's delight.


And that's it for out back.
I haven't taken any photos out front in a long time.
I should head out there tomorrow.
I have a Hebe that is SOLID flowers right now and so dang pretty.
We'll see if the weather cooperates.
Until then....




5 comments:

  1. Lovely fall colors and thank you for making me feel better about not pulling my old annuals out till spring ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mystery flower is Kiss-Me-Over-The-Garden-Gate. It looks like you've got the variegated-leaf variety which I love. Your garden looks really good, all things considered. Mine looks like crap. I really want to get out there and work but this stupid rain refuses to let up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. You have a way with plants, Miss Mindy. It all looks fantastic despite the recent deluges we've had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for posting again! Your hardy fuchsias look great!! The crocosmia pods are fitting right in with the season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely pictures that capture the essence of Fall! I found your page whilst looking for the name of a sweet clump of stems we found in our yard (we rent) with criss-crossed seed pods drying in hombre shades from pale green to yellow to orange to burnt orange to black, and it's simplistic loveliness is such that my daughters and I had to find out which plant it belongs to! Your pictures (and the name which I was SO happy to see you included) of the drying Crocosmia do its beauty justice :) Thank you, for the beauty, and the name!! Which variety is your Crocosmia? Ours has a red flower when in bloom.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover