Monday, September 2, 2013

Roasted Veggie Enchiladas

I want to scream from the mountaintops about how good these were.  They were SO GOOD.  They were BEYOND so good!  I want you to eat them now so you can see how good they are!


I found the original recipe here:  Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas

PLUS, I've finally found the easiest, most delicious, red enchilada sauce recipe on the planet.  You can make the enchiladas without it.  I've used store-bought for years.  BUT IT'S SO EASY TO MAKE!!!  And it takes these to the next level.  Make it the day before.  Make it a few days before.  Just make it.

Okay, so let me tell you what veggies I used, 'cause it's a bit different than the original.  Although, you should use what you have.  That's the best part.  At my house, I used carrot, cauliflower, purple sweet potato, green tomato, zucchini, red onion, and jalapeno.





You just roast 'em up in a hot oven for about 30 minutes.




Then you assemble with some black beans, the sauce (that you MADE), and some cheese.




Look out for sneaky cheese thieves.



Put everyone in a pan and pour some more sauce on.
I'm limited in the pan department, 'cause almost everything is packed away, but I got two square ones and then a I did an enchilada stack in a pie plate for my BIL to take home.
Gotta feed the free help.






I put the cheese on his ahead of time, since he was taking it home, but for ours, I baked them till they were hot, then added the cheese and baked them for another 10 minutes or so.




The people in my house are a far cry from vegetarian, but they tore these bad boys up.
So, so good.

Here's dinner on my plate:







Veggies, it's what's for dinner.


Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.


6 comments:

  1. These look absolutely delicious!! I'm adding these to my "to-make" stack!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look amazing. I am not the best veggie eater on the planet like I should be. But I love roasted veggies - this looks just PERFECT. And I would love to find an enchilada sauce to make at home. You are a life saver. This post is about to be seriously pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy your recipes look sooo good!! I'm going to take the cinnamon cream cheese rollups (aka crack) to a fall cabin girl trip. But of course I'll HAVE to test them first!LOL

    Thanks for such wonderful ideas. I found you on pinterest and will be following your blog.
    Blessings, Edie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. RINDYMAE...I am in luv.
    These look and sound amazing. I will be making these soon.
    Your photos are just gorgeous....:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound really good--will have to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mindy, these look delish! And, i love the homemade sauce idea. I've totally pinned that for future use!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover