photo RecentPosts-1.jpg

Monday, October 21, 2013

The Kitchen Remodel: Phase 16

We had a little set back since my last kitchen update.  The counter guy was supposed to come first thing Friday morning, but instead he got stung by a bee.  After going to the ER for a shot, he spent the rest of his day at home.  Which means he was not at our house installing counters.  I pretty much moped around the house the entire day.  But, The Dad got off work a little early, so we worked on other things that needed to be done anyway.


He was able to the get sheetrock up on the peninsula, the rest of the knobs and pulls on (except somehow we're missing three knobs???), and he built all the drawers for the tall pantry and got them installed.  I was super excited to unpack my pantry boxes and get the galvanized shelf out of the dining room.








The counter guy ended up rescheduling for Saturday morning, so we cleared everything out of there, again, and I took some before pictures.




When he got to the house, I headed out to the grocery store and when I got home, he was almost done.





Are ya diggin' the farble?
I'm soooo glad I went with this one and not one of the darker veined choices.
I kinda love it.
I'd say for laminate, it's a pretty good knock-off.

So once the counters were done, our friend who knows plumbing showed up at noon, and he and The Dad spent the next TEN HOURS getting the sink and dishwasher up and running.
There were some setbacks there, as well, which is why it took so long, but as of late Saturday night, we officially have running water again.
Annnnnd, Sunday morning, I ran my first load of dirty dishes in the dishwasher!

Sunday, The Dad worked on the toe kicks, deco strip that hides the cabinet lights, and the trim around the doors and window is back up and just needs to be filled, painted, and caulked.
It's actually starting to look like a real kitchen again.
And yes, I've already piled the counters high with crap.
I couldn't help it.

Here's where we're at, as of today.



I painted the laundry room door with some chalkboard paint last week.

































Talk about picture overload.
So next on the agenda.....finish up the toe kicks, install the panel on upper cabinet to the right of the sink, finish up deco strips, build new windowsill, trim above upper cabinets (if we ever decide what the heck we're gonna do), light over sink, lights over peninsula (who knew lights were so stinkin' expensive!!!!), under-cabinet lights, ceiling planks, prime and paint peninsula sheetrock, install baseboards and quarter round, and, of course, the backsplash.
We're almost there, kids.



Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.



22 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous! Can't wait to see what the backsplash looks like up. I like the hint of what it will look like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. I'm so glad you like the counter,...I certainly do but you're the gal that matters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy- I love it!!! Look how far you have come. I like your laminate. It is easy upkeep and always looks nice. I had laminate for years and never minded it at all. You have done a wonderful job putting that kitchen together. I can't wait to see you all "moved in" to it- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great, Guys! Now when do you want to come over for some food at our place?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe it's not butter, I mean marble! I was just going to FB stalk you and see if you posted anything there.

    The kitchen looks beautiful, so happy for you! Clapping, applause... \o/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The farble is awesome! I remember when you posted about your choices and I imagined a seam along the front edge of the countertop but yours are a solid surface and it looks so real! I love it! And your crap looks awesome :) I really like the faucet you have chosen and well, congratulations on running water and a dishwasher!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So.... who and what did you wind up going with??? I'm late to the party but I do remember when you were looking at samples. I'm having the same dilemma. I see that there definitely is light at the end of the tunnel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! The counters rock!!!!!!!!! And how beautiful was it to run that first load!?!? It is so pretty friend!!!!! I love everything!!!! Are your nerves starting to settle a bit now that you have your food back in the cabinet and the water is running??? So awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Mindy, it looks beautiful!!! So light, bright, and cheery! The pantry with pull outs is wonderful and so much storage in one place. The countertops are perfect and I love your drawer pulls and handles. The dishwasher must have felt like a fantasy come true! You must be so happy to have your kitchen back and have it so beautiful!! I also love the small cabinet next to the fridge and the back door. You will use that all the time. It's perfect! Do the kids love the chalk board door?? Congrats on running water!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMYGOSH, girlfriend....I am about to have a total runaway over this beautiful kitchen. It is GORGEOUS ! You are going to enjoy this for many, MANY years. Ya'll did such a wonderful job.

    I lost my old blog. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    I did start a new one, tho...
    bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com
    Come visit me and follow me all over again. :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Your new kitchen looks amazing. How wonderful to be able to work and cook in such a beautiful space. You are blessed. Thanks for sharing the great photos. I love it!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much to love in these pictures, Mindy! I am jealous of those cool pull-out pantry shelves--that is a very helpful item in a kitchen. And the counter is lovely. We have tiles with grout, and although it looks period with our vintage-looking kitchen, it is a royal pain to keep clean, so I would probably choose something like what you have in the future, if we ever change things out--not in the foreseeable future. Also love the hanging baskets on the wall, with a fern in one--cool. And your chocolate cosmos is gorgeous, and the phygelius with it--perfect. You still have some blooming, but I don't. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mindy this looks wonderful- you must be so happy! You are funny too....farble :-) I thought it was real at first. Laminates have come a very long way and they offer such a huge selection now. I love your pull out pantry and your big fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! It looks AHH-MAZZZING! You are in the home stretch now! That pantry is fab-oo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your kitchen is just BEAUTIFUL!!!!! You have done such an amazing job, I love how open and bright it is!! Love it!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness! How did I miss this post? It looks like a real kitchen! Running water and everything. You are on the home stretch now......

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a great idea to add the small cabinet in the corner next to the door. When you are working with limited space, you need to make the most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good grief I'm behind! Looks awesome, Mindy!!! Those counters look killer. And a dishwasher! Woot! Woot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a huge undertaking. I'm so impressed with your work and the beautiful outcome of your efforts, Mindy. It looks wonderful. I bet you're loving it and cooking up a storm. Kudos to the hubster too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It’s nice to see the cabinets getting filled. And I really like those pull-out drawers! Though I think those two cabinets above the fridge are a bit too high to reach. Or were they just right? And the countertops look amazing! They go really well with the white cabinets and they look pretty close up.

    Dan
    IPQ Construction

    ReplyDelete
  22. The counters look AMAZING and I am OBSESSED with the roll outs! I seriously need to look into those for our kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover