- My email spam folder has ads for recipes that use Spam running across the top.
- Baby: Mommy, can I go poop in Rodney's litter box?
- Me: Can you?!?!?
- Baby: Yeah.
- Me: Um, no.
- My favorite genre of movies is, hands down, sports.
- Two of my top stressers are: Cooking for someone for the first time and trying to find something to wear when I'm leaving the house.
- I have an emotional attachment to a lot of my plants.
- I love leftover, crunchy, room temperature garlic bread. Love it.
- Perfectly edged lawns and flower beds make me swoon.
- Messy edged lawns and flower beds make me twitch.
- I no longer have any say when it comes to what clothes my girls wear.
- Let me rephrase that, every time the girls leave the house, it's a fight over what they're going to wear.
- I might be the only gardener on the planet who doesn't like Black Mondo grass. I bought a plant in 2001, before it was cool. I can't get rid of the damn thing. It refuses to die.
- I'm beginning to realize that my need for perfection, inside the house and out, might be a wee bit on the extreme end of things.
- Neither one ever is perfect, therein lies the problem.
- I'm really looking forward to warm summer evenings.
- I tried to make this recipe into muffins. FAIL.
- I loaned out our lawn mower to someone in the neighborhood today and in exchange, he brought me a bottle of homemade mead. You have no idea how excited I am about that. I love our hood.
- I haven't done an update on The Kid lately, so figured I'd throw that in here:
He had a follow-up appointment with his neurologist last month, at which time he asked if he could switch from liquid seizure meds to pills. The liquid was gagging him. He was taking 2.5 mg in the morning and 5 mg at night, and the lowest dose the pills come in is 5 mg. So it upped his dose in the morning just a wee bit. Because of that, now that he's been taking the higher dose for a few weeks, he'll go in for blood work in the morning, just to make sure it isn't having a negative effect. They discovered he was anemic at his last one, so he's on iron now for that.
In addition to the lab work, he has a second EEG scheduled for next week. They'll do the same testing they did at his first one, when they initially confirmed the seizures. This time, they'll be looking for any seizure activity that we may be missing. I haven't seen him have one in a long time, so odds are they won't find anything.
If the EEG comes back clean, and the blood work looks good, we stay on the 2-year plan. At the two year mark, we can start weaning him off meds to see if he's outgrown them.
I'm not sure I've mentioned it here, but he's been having headaches since he was old enough to verbalize what they were. We started a headache log after his first appointment with the neurologist, and at his follow-up, she diagnosed them as migraines. At this point, we're trying water. Lots and lots of water. He's not a drinker in general, and it isn't unusual for him to go an entire day without having anything to drink until his milk with dinner. So the water is a tough one. I'd say he's doing better than he was, but he needs to do even better. I'm going to try flavoring it with lemon, limes, cucumbers, mint, etc, to see if that works. I feel like it's a habit, that he just needs to get into. The Girl and I drink water all day long. He and Baby have to be forced. But we're trying.
If we can get the water consumption up to par, and he's still having migraines, prescription medication is an option. Not one I'm willing to partake in. I called his insurance this week to see if they would cover alternative medicine. As long as we can get a referral from his doctor, acupuncture and a naturopathic doctor are both options. So I'll look into both of those.
I'm not a hippy dippy when it comes to medicine, but I feel like everything that's going on with him is connected, and could possibly be remedied with something simple like a diet change. We shall see.
And that's it for today. Off to get dinner going......