Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Valentine's Day 2019


Figured I'd throw some Valentine's day pics out there like the old days.


We did what we've done pretty much every year since popping out all these kids....
....dinner at home.


The table setting wasn't as elaborate as I've done in the past.
I used a tablecloth that the little one wanted for her birthday, but was too small with all the leaves in the table.  
It still didn't fit, but oh well.
Paper doilies, cloth napkins, the flowers that I managed to eek out of the yard, some conversation hearts and their little boxes of chocolates.
Just enough to make it more special than a random weekday.









The napkin rings were a gift from my aunt.


 

Hellebores, snowdrops (Galanthus), and wallflower (Erysimum) were put at each place.
By the way, my purple and orange wallflowers have been blooming nonstop since last summer.
Definitely a winner in the garden, especially this time of year.






My mom mailed this to the kids.
Isn't it cute?!
Under the money it said, Grammy loves you.


The Dad brought home these goodies.
It's like he knows me or something.


The Kid and The Girl both had basketball practice, so I didn't do much in the way of appetizers.
By the time everyone was home together, we were all starving and ready for the main event.
Just a little picky plate to munch on while The Dad grilled.




I prepped all the dinner stuff during the day, so everything would be ready to go once the crew was all here.
Brownies were baked first and I made a blackberry sauce to serve with them.



A London broil marinated overnight in my favorite easy marinade.
I got browned butter done ahead of time, then just put it back in the pan to remelt and fry sage leaves in, before throwing in some cooked gnocchi.
Breadsticks were doctored up and ready for the oven.
Halved tomatoes were slathered in pesto, sprinkled with seasoned breadcrumbs, then covered in shredded mozzarella.
Caesar salad was assembled ahead of time and tossed with the dressing right before sitting down.








Annnnd, everything cooked and ready to eat.
No fancy plating...everyone's bellies were rumblin'...just family-style dinner.





Haven't said this in a long time.....
Here's dinner on my plate:


And there's another Valentine's day family dinner for the books.
Until next time....



27 comments:

  1. I hope your kids know how lucky they are. I wish I had someone to cook such delicious meals for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great memories you are spinning for all of you. I always loved making the holidays as special as I had resources to do. You will be glad you have done this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wonderful feast! Is that homemade gnocci? Everything looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I m so glad to visit this blog.This blog is really so amazing.Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing great information to us Feel free to visit my website;

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is perceptibly a lot to identify about this.
    I assume you made certain nice points in features also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your personal stuffs is beautiful. All the time deal with it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great goods from you, I have consider your stuff previous to and you're just too excellent

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cant wait to learn much more from you. This is actually a great site.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Impressive website. Numerous helpful tips in this article.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just wish to say your article is as astonishing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you one million and please continue the gratifying work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This content will help me to complete a paper that I’ve been working on for the last 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the helpful information you provide in your articles.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very Appropriate. Very interesting, good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful info with us.

    ReplyDelete
  22. There is certainly a great deal to learn about this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, happy that i saw on this in google. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You put truly extremely accommodating data. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete


  25. Your post is really nice and very interesting. I like to read more of the articles you made.

    ReplyDelete

  26. I'm so pleased to locate the write-up I have actually been seeking for a long period of time

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover