Friday, March 16, 2012

Color Me Happy: A Kid Lunch

It's been awhile since I've posted a Fun Food Friday lunch, hasn't it?  I figured I'd better do one for St. Patrick's Day, before the kids declared mutiny on me.

I was gonna do all green, but rainbows are more fun.  And easier.


For The Kid's lunch, I used a shamrock cutter on a whole wheat tortilla and made a cheese sammie with it.  I threaded fruit onto wooden skewers in the colors of the rainbow.  The container with the day-glo green substance in it is jello.  The other container has slivered almonds, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, Asian-style covered peanuts and mini M&M's - minus the brown ones.  :o)

Here's The Kid's school lunch:








For The Girl, I used whole wheat bread instead of tortilla, but other than that, it's pretty much the same.  
A fruit rainbow, lime jello, whole almonds and mini M&M's around the rim.

Here's The Girl's lunch:







In other news, I am SO glad it's Friday.
Enjoy your weekend!

7 comments:

  1. The rainbow of fruit is so awesome, what a great looking lunch!

    Mal @ The Chic Geek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm sure my kid would that lunch too. Thank you for sharing these great ideas!
    Happy St.Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sooooo cute!!! Love it!
    ~JC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!!! This is so stinkin' adorable!!! I'm sending my kids to you...I know they will eat at your house!! I reallllly need to make their food more fun so they will eat it! I'm going to start copying you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, my kids have always been really good eaters, but lately they're both going through some kind of picky stage. They'll inhale something one night and then the next won't even touch it. I swear I can't win. But it's true, you turn it into something cute and they don't even think before they put it in their mouths.
    Copy away!!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there from not so sunny England. I love the way you make all their food, especially the healthy bits, look so appertising. I'm joining you from England as I love to look at people's gardening blogs and there seems to be more American ones that catch my eye than English at the moment. Your baby room looks absolutely gorgeous. Melanie

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover