More fall food for ya. And an easy one to boot.
This one came out of the September Woman's Day. And it was a perfect meal for a night when I didn't plan ahead. Bacon thaws out really quick and the rest comes together in 10 minutes.
Here's the recipe with my notes:
Ravioli With Apples, Bacon & Spinach
16 oz fresh or frozen cheese ravioli (I used half cheese, half wild mushroom)
6 slices bacon
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced (needed more)
1 crisp apple, quartered and sliced (I also threw in an Asian pear)
1 bunch fresh spinach (I used a 6 oz bag of baby spinach)
Kosher salt and pepper
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (I used the bottled stuff)
Cook the ravioli according to package directions.
Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to a paper plate; break into pieces when cool. (I did this about an hour earlier when I had a free minute.)
Wipe out skillet; heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the apple; cook, tossing, for 1 minute.
Add the spinach, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper; cook, tossing, until beginning to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes. (I saved half the spinach for the very end 'cause I like some to still be bright green.) Fold in the lemon juice and bacon. Add ravioli and toss to combine.
Here it is in the skillet at my house:
If I hadn't been feeling completely lazy, I would have made a salad.
Instead, we just had bread with the usual olive oil and vinegar to go with.
Easy, quick, yummy dinner.
Here's mine on my plate:
And here's what's on the burner for the next week or so:
- Ham and Bean Soup & Cornbread
- Pot Roast With Cheesy Polenta & Root Vegetable Hash
- Turkey-Stuffing Meatballs With Cranberry Sauce, Garlic-Rosemary Infused Mashed Potatoes, Caramelized Acorn Squash, & Biscuits
- Chorizo Roasted Potatoes, Sauteed Chard With Fried Eggs, & Bread
- Grilled Marmalade-Ginger Chicken, Wild Rice Stuffing, & Twice-Baked Butternut Squash
- Chinese-Style Beef, Sweet Potato, and Bok Choy Stew
- Pineapple Chicken, Steamed Rice, & Cucumber Salad
- Spiral Ham, Gratin Potatoes, Cheddar and Chive Buttermilk Biscuits, & Spinach Pomegranate Salad With Pears and Hazelnuts
- Croque Monsieur Paninis & Chips
- Burgers of some sort
- Chicken Wraps of some sort