Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Coconut Green Curry Lentils


This is a good one for those who partake in Meatless Mondays.  Or just try to eat less meat any day of the week.  It was beefy enough that no one missed it.  Well, the only one who cares about meat one way or the other is The Dad, so if it satisfied him, you know it isn't just a bowl of beans.




I doubled the recipe.  Dumb.  One cup of lentils goes waaaaay farther (further?) than you think it will.  Two cups is enough for a week.  So don't double the recipe unless you plan on a crowd. 

The only thing I changed was the amount of curry paste, and that's only because I was using what I had left in the bottom of a jar.  I only had a couple tablespoons.  I thought the 1/4 C that it called for sounded like a lot anyway, so I didn't worry about it too much.  It was plenty flavorful with the lesser amount.

Instead of stirring the spinach into my way too full pan, I left it raw.  I also made some brown rice to serve it with. 

The recipe is here.

Here's dinner on my plate:







Really good.
Baby ate her weight in it.
All week.


Please see my sidebar for places I party every week.


4 comments:

  1. I love lentils and I agree that they are super hearty. We often have meatless meals around here (same thing at our house, only person who cares about the meat or lack thereof is The Dad) so I love a good hearty recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good, Mindy, and I think the spinach was a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh I love lentils and I love curry so I am sure I would love this! Great recipe and perfect for those dinners where I don't feel like cookin up a bunch of meat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS I am totally stalking your blog to see if you posted that cauliflower recipe you told me about :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover