Thursday, May 3, 2012

Lime & Coconut Chicken

I'm a super fan of coconut milk.  I've decided that no matter what you put it in, it's good.  I have a coconut milk, chocolate pudding recipe that one of these days I'll get posted.  It's the best thing you've ever eaten in your life.

That being said, this chicken was delicious.  The only thing I'd adjust next time is the amount of salt in the marinade.  It calls for 1 1/2 teaspoons, I only used one and still thought it was a bit salty for my taste.  But that's just me and my taste buds.  It didn't stop me from inhaling everything on my plate.  Click here for the recipe.  No really.  Just click it.  Then it will open up in another window and you can print it and eat it later this week.  Trust me.  It's really, really good.  Coconut milk.  Curry powder.  Cumin.  Soy sauce.  Lime zest.  Sold yet?

The recipe gives instructions for cooking the chicken on the stove, but mentions it would be good on the grill.  Anything's good on the grill, right?  So that's what I did.  Okay, that's what The Dad did.  We had grilled corn on the cob and cilantro couscous to go with it.

Here's dinner on my plate:







Bonus:  Both the kids loved it!

5 comments:

  1. Oh yum! Putting this on the menu for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! My neighbor, who is a personal chef, make a red thai chicekn curry that she uses coconut milk in. I could eat it every day. I'm definitely trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sweetheart, this will be done. I even have the coconut milk. Woohoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of those things... like a lot. Looks amazing tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is also my son's favorite lunch. He always asks for it.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover