Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pillowcase Dresses

My niece's birthday was last week, hence my last minute sewing frenzy.  I knew I wanted to attempt a pillowcase dress, after seeing them for the first time a year or so ago.  I used two different tutorials that I found online as a reference.  You can find them here and here.

Unfortunately, I didn't have any pillowcases I wanted to use, so I started from scratch.  I used an old sheet for one and fabric from my stash for the other two.

The first dress came out too big, so it went to The Girl.  The second two were a good fit for a brand new two year old.

After several hours of cussing, spitting, throwing things, three broken needles and taking my sewing machine apart and putting it back together, here are my attempts at the infamous Pillowcase Dress.







This is the first one that came out too long.





This is the one I made with the old sheet that came with the vintage crib I bought for Baby's room.








Phew.  I'm glad that project is over.
Both the girls wore them for Mother's Day.






Speaking of birthday girls, here are some shameless pics of my niece.
The baby bed, quilt and baby were all my sister's when she was little.
The bed was made by my dad and my mom made the quilt.  
My mom gave the bed a fresh coat of paint and gave her all three for her birthday.





My sister made her cake.
So cute I can hardly stand it.


 


Now, the whole fam is off to the zoo and then Forest Park for a picnic.
Then to the Rock Farm for the weekend.
It's our Friday!

6 comments:

  1. I cannot believe those darling dresses are from pillow cases! Adorable. You got talent girl. And so does your sis! Holy Cow, that cake is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I sew exactly the same way, except you end up with cuteness when you're done. I just end up with broken needles. Very sweet dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pillow case dresses turned out adorable!! I LOVE the one with the pears on it. I usually end up in tears when I sew.lol That is of course after the cursing spitting and throwing things.:) Your niece and the girl are beyond cute in their new dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these dresses! This is a project I've wanted to try for a long time. LOVE THE CAKE! Just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for helping people get the information they need. Great stuff as usual. Keep up the great work!!!
    Prom Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this dress so, so, much. It is gorgeous, and little girls looks so sweet in those dresses.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover