Sooo, I mentioned the fact that my freezer situation may be a wee bit out of control. Just a little. It looks worse than it is, though. I keep a white board on each of them, with a running list of what's inside. We'll call it organized chaos. Ya know, to make me feel better about it.
And now, I'm giving you a glimpse inside.
The first one is the freezer in the main fridge - the one in the actual kitchen.
The other fridge is in our garage, the room that happens to be another one of my dirty little secrets.
Photos of that, not included.
So, as I mentioned last week, my goal was to put together a meal plan based on what I've got stashed in those two freezers, as well as the "pantry". Pantry is in quotes, 'cause it's open shelving in my laundry/utility room. It's also loaded.
Grocery shopping without a plan is awkward to me, but I walked over to the Ghetto Safeway and stocked up on produce. I also bought a pound of bacon, a container of crumbled feta, and coffee filters. My total bill was $33 buckeroos.
This weekend, I put together our meal plan based on what's in the house and the veggies I bought at the store. With some dinners rolling over into a second night, I should get two weeks of meals out of that $33 bucks.
Here's the menu this time around:
- Spaghetti With Turkey Meatballs, Green Salad and Bread
- Bean Soup With Ham and Cornbread
- Chicken Frito Pie and Salad (this is a rollover from the last menu that I just haven't made yet)
- Grilled Ravioli With Garden Veggies and Bread
- Pork Chops Primavera and Roasted Potatoes
- Asian Braised Pork With Cucumber Salad, and Steamed Rice
- Baked Shrimp With Feta, Pasta and Bread
- Soy-Ginger Steak, Broccoli With Miso Peanut Sauce, and Steamed Rice
- Roasted Pork With Blackberry Sauce, Lindsay's Mashed Cauliflower, and Spinach-Apple Salad
- Gingery Pork and Cucumber Pita Sandwiches
- BBQ Beef Ribs, Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes and Corn On The Cob
I also always make a note of some things I'd like to try, and have the ingredients for. It doesn't necessarily mean they'll all happen.
- Carrot Buns
- Fresh Fettuccini
- Blueberry-Orange Cornmeal Muffins
- Maple, Bacon and Pecan Sticky buns
- Pear Butter
There ya have it. Recipes worth sharin' to follow.....