Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chicken Milanese, Asparagus Risotto, Mixed Greens with Fresh Lemon Juice and Olive Oil and a Multi-Grain baguette

Here's tonite's dinner:


The chicken was super crispy, but I have a half dozen similar recipes that don't involve frying it in 1/2 inch of oil.  So I'm not going to share the recipe for this one.  I'll share a favorite later.  The risotto, on the other hand, was delish:

1 pound asparagus, cut on the bias, 2" long
5 C chicken broth (use veggie to make this vegetarian friendly)
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 1/2 C aborio rice
1 C dry white wine
Salt and pepper to taste
3/4 C parmesan cheese

Warm the broth in a saucepan over low heat. 

In a large saute pan, heat the oil over med-high heat.  Saute onion and garlic until softened.  Add the aborio rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes.  Add the wine and cook until the liquid is absorbed.  Add the broth, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring occasionally and waiting until it is absorbed before adding more.

Meanwhile, in a saute pan, heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Saute the asparagus until bright green and slightly tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.  Once the broth is completely absorbed in the risotto, add the asparagus, season with salt and pepper and stir in the parmesan.

Another keeper.

3 comments:

  1. That plate sounds like a great mix of comfort and freshness, especially with the lemony greens balancing the crispy Chicken Milanese. If you enjoy meals built around that kind of Italian-inspired variety, it’s helpful to check menus ahead for lighter sides or family-style options. I was browsing updated Olive Garden menu details with prices, nutrition, and catering ideas here: https://theolivegardenmenu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the effort you put into this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black Thobes for MenHowever, say no more because Men Thobes UK is here to assist the Muslim community by providing them with the highest quality of black thobes men.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover