Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rainbow Cupcakes

My kids got one of those lame moms who is never going to buy them Fruit Loops.  Or Cocoa Krispies.  Or a grocery store cake with day-glo blue frosting.  Isn't gonna happen.  Well looky what the Lame-Anti-Artificial-Coloring-Mom made today:




I've seen these everywhere lately, so I decided to give it a go.  I was literally wincing as I was dumping half a bottle of food dye into six different bowls.  But the joy literally emanating from both The Kid and The Girl through the entire process was totally worth it.  They helped make the batter and then bopped around the kitchen staring through the oven window, waiting for the timer to go off.  They ate theirs scalding hot.  When The Dad walked in the door tonite, the first thing they did was show them off to him.  Red Dye, Schmed Dye - these were totally worth the smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover