Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pesto Sammies

Earlier this week I made Winter Greens Pesto and we had it on pasta for dinner.  It made a lot.  My plan was to put the leftovers into an ice cube tray and freeze them for later.  But I just haven't gotten around to it yet. 

I've mentioned before, that I plan my meals in advance, so there's always a running menu stuck to the fridge.  I'm a normal human - some days I just don't feel like making anything on the menu - or, like today, I hadn't pulled any meat out of the freezer.  So tonite, I slathered some of that leftover pesto onto some Dave's Killer Bread, sliced up some Beecher's Flagship (shrink wrapped heaven out of Seattle - second only to Cougar Gold, also out of Washington)  for mine, and some Smoked Beecher's Flagship for The Dad's.  Threw some deli turkey on his, and toasted them in the oven.  When they came out, I added fresh tomato, basil and spinach. 

Seriously good. 

Some of our best meals don't have anything to do with a menu or a recipe.  It's a meal that's thrown together with things I have in the kitchen.  The only thing that would have made them better is bacon.  But really, what isn't better with bacon!? 

I normally put the exact same meal that we're eating in front of the kids, (I will NOT be a short order cook in my home!), but I also know when to pick my battles.  Their sandwiches consisted of cheese and turkey. 

We all had tomato soup and strawberries to go with it.  Everybody wins.

Here it is:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover