photo RecentPosts-1.jpg

Monday, June 13, 2011

Celery Salad with Blue Cheese

It's new recipe night again.  Times two.  This salad and grilled red potatoes.  I'll post the recipe for those as well.

I believe this recipe came out of a Rachael Ray magazine, but I'm not 100% sure.  It's from one of those little inserts that are perforated and can be removed.

In addition to the grilled potatoes, we had cheddar brats as well.

Here's the recipe:

Celery Salad with Blue Cheese

1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
1/4 C extra-virgin olive oil
1 bunch celery with leaves, ribs sliced 1/4" thick, leaves reserved *see note*
3/4 C walnuts, coursely chopped
3/4 C crumbled blue cheese

*my ghetto Safeway didn't have celery bunches with a ton of leaves on them.  I used what was there.  I'm sure a nicer store would have fresher produce, which would eliminate the need for them to cut the shriveled up leaves off*

In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, mustard and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.  Whisk in olive oil.


 In a large bowl, combine the celery, 1 1/2 C celery leaves, the walnuts and blue cheese. 




Add the dressing and toss to coat.


This salad was delicious.  I ate half the bowl and the whole time I was thinking it would be so good as a main course with a grilled chicken breast on it.  With some Tabasco.  It would also be really good mixed with shredded chicken and put inside of pocket bread for a sammie.  Yum, yum!

Here's dinner on my plate:











1 comment:

  1. Oh my. This looks great. I am a big fan of blue cheese and the combination of flavors sounds perfect. I will definitely try this one out.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover