Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wild Blueberry Pancake Stacks

I saw the cutest idea for serving pancakes the other day on Pinterest.  I decided to give it a go for breakfast this morning.

Making pancakes from scratch isn't all that involved, but sometimes I like to skip the extra steps and start with a bag of mix.


Most mixes you buy these days have the 'just add water' instructions.  I don't like to follow baking rules much, so I ignore them.  

First off, I generally start out with two cups of the dry mix and then I whisk in some spices.  Today I used cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom. 


Then I stir in an egg, 1 1/2 cups of milk and a teaspoon or so of vanilla.


Then I add whatever stir-ins I'm using.  Today I went with the wild blueberries because they're tiny and I was planning on making mini pancakes.


Stir them in and then cook them up.  


To make the stacks, I used wooden skewers that I broke into the size I wanted.  I put five mini pancakes on each skewer and topped them off with a mint leaf and two raspberries.  Then I drizzled maple syrup over the tops.  

Here's breakfast:






I'm pretty excited about this.  The possibilities are racing through my head.  Think of all the appetizers you could make using this concept!  Cute little mini canapes with creme fraiche and smoked salmon!  Mini corn cakes with mascarpone, honey and a strawberry slice!  White bread circles with cucumber and cream cheese!  Okay, now I'm getting hungry again.  The point is, I think this is a great starting point for all kinds of fun ideas.

I'm linking up to Tasty Tuesdays at 33 Shades of Green.
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Mindy, that's a great idea indeed. I'm going to adopt it too. Thank you for sharing.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. These pancakes look yummy. Can't wait to browse your blog a bit more. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um,those are pretty dang cute. Mother's Day brunch is at your house next year. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing I have a year to plan! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a mom, but I'm in for brunch! I am way to lazy to make pancakes from scratch all the time... I actually prefer the store mixes. I just don't tell my hubby....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And seriously? It's pretty amazing how we sometimes think alike. Yeah, we're cool.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover