Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Thai Chicken Wraps

Remember last week when I said our cupboards were bare and I was scrounging to get dinner on the table?  Well....um....ahem....they're still bare.

Thanks to the two day garage sale festivities, I didn't go through my recipes, which means no menu, which means no grocery list, which means no trip to the store, which means....still no food in the house.  I'm halfway done with getting it all together though, so hopefully I can have a date with the grocery store tomorrow night.

For those of you thinking, "Why in the world does it take her three days to put together a grocery list?!", that's a post that should be devoted to itself.  It's definitely a process that I would imagine is saved for the OCD special folks in the crowd.

As usual, I'm rambling.  This is by no means "real" Thai food. Dinner came together out of necessity.  I used what I had.  The ingredients made me think of Thai food and I needed to name it somethin', so......

Here's what you'll need to recreate it:


Peanut Sauce

1/4 C creamy peanut butter
1 tsp Asian chili paste
1 Tbsp soy sauce (I prefer low-sodium)
1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 - 3 Tbsp water

Whisk together first four ingredients until combined.  Add water until desired consistency.

Wraps

Boneless, skinless chicken breast 
Teriyaki marinade
Flour tortillas
Shredded carrots
Sliced red bell pepper
Snap peas or snow peas (I picked mine from the garden!!!!)
Cilantro
*If I had planned ahead, I would have used cucumber and bean sprouts as well


To start, as usual, I pounded out my chicken. 
 (Pounding prevents puking....my new catch phrase.)  
 You may leave yours in a giant slab if you prefer, but it also takes longer to cook that way.  

Put the chicken in a bowl and pour teriyaki sauce over it.
Cover with a lid or saran wrap and stick it in the fridge till dinner time.
You can certainly do this the night before.


Grill the chicken until it's done.  The Dad does this part at our house.

Let your chicken rest a bit, then cut it into thin slices. 

Spread peanut sauce on the tortilla.  Add your veggies and chicken.  




Wrap and eat.  

I made steamed white rice to go with ours.

Here's dinner on my plate:


This would be good without the tortilla as well.
I love me a good rice bowl.


4 comments:

  1. These look GOOD! I have a little addiction to Trader Joes Thai peanut sauce...I put it on everything!!..even pretzels. Maybe I should try making my own seems fairly easy. Great foodie pics Mindy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I can't believe you just have a point and shoot camera -- your pictures always make me hungry (well, when they're food, not as much when they're flowers). I am trying this out this week. Looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so going to try this! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yummy! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now. It goes through the 1st. http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/06/tuesday-confessional-link-party.html I hope to see you soon!
    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover