I reaaaalllly wish these pictures would have turned out better 'cause these were so dang good. Guess I'll just have to sell 'em to ya with my mad writing skills. (Insert groans here.)
My mom emailed me the recipe last week and I made them on Sunday. They'll definitely be goin' into our weekend breakfast rotation.
Here's the recipe with my notes:
I doubled the batch for the five of us.
I didn't have whole wheat tortillas, but I did have Trader Joe's whole wheat lavash bread, which is basically a rectangle tortilla. They're big, so I cut them in half before dipping and cooking.
I eyeballed the amount of yogurt and granola, and for fruit I used strawberries and mango.
You guys, these were SO good.
Here they are coming together at my house:
And on my plate:
They were sturdy enough that we could pick them up and eat them like a burrito.
A crispy, cinnamon-y, vanilla-y, fruity, crunchy, delicious burrito.
The powdered sugar made them, so don't skip it.
Did I mention they were good?
Here's what we'll be eating for dinner, if you'd like to make reservations:
- Lentil Soup, Blood Orange & Avocado Salad and Naan Bread
- Baked Eggplant & Tomato Pasta, Salad and Bread
- Country-Style BBQ Ribs, Loaded Baked Potatoes, and Broccoli
- Pineapple Curry Chicken and Steamed Rice
- Bean & Cheese Enchiladas (team verde) and Mixed Greens with Avocado, Tomato & Lime Dressing (I can smell this cooking as I type)
- Spicy Asian Chicken Soup
- BLT's with Basil Mayo and Chips
- Valentine's Day Dinner (Shhh, it's a secret)
- Breakfast - Chorizo Scrambled Eggs, Skillet Cheesy Potatoes, and Super Fluffy Pancakes