This blog world thing is funny. You get in a routine with your writing and reading and then you randomly come across a new blog, which leads to other new blogs, and before you know it, you've made new online friends.
I've recently become a regular reader of the blog My Garden Diaries and the other day, she nominated me for the Liebster award. 'Cause I'm fancy like that.
I'm not especially good at follow through on certain things, but I'm not lacking in skill when it comes to answering questions about myself.
So although I'm gonna be that person who doesn't forward it along, I will give the 11 random facts about myself and answer the questions I've been asked.
- Why do you blog? I don't have a "real" job. My only contact with the outside world is at the grocery store and my son's school. I can satisfy my need to write, "talk" to adults, share my love of food and plants, and blab about whatever project I've got goin' on in the house.
- What is something that you enjoy that makes time stand still? Gardening. Hands down.
- What do you collect? A collection is more than three right? Vintage fans, old insulators, white pottery, birds, blue glass, wall pockets, old bottles, recipes, aprons, and plants.
- What would you most like to change about the world? Most things.
- What is your favorite quote? "Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
- If you were having a dinner party what tunes would be playing? Dean Martin, John Mayer, or our super awesome mixed CD's we made for our wedding.
- If you could go anywhere where would it be? Any tropical island with sun and good food for me, Disneyland for The Girl.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? ANYthing? That's a lot of pressure to choose just one. Oh wait - I know - play the guitar.
- What is one of your favorite memories from your childhood? Playing in the rose garden across the street from the house I grew up in - which happens to be the same house my mom still lives in.
- If you have 30 minutes of free time, what is one thing you like to do? Operation clean sweep: Dishes, laundry, vacuum, pick up the piles, and when the chores are done, read blogs.
- What is your favorite time of year and why? Spring! 'Cause I'm a gardener, of course.
And now for 11 random facts:
- I yell a lot.
- I'm the epitome of an introvert, which I've been told comes across as stuck-up.
- I think my husband is pretty damn awesome, but probably don't (never) tell him enough.
- I'm a red wine junkie.
- I can't look at a full moon without seeing Marilyn.
- In general, I don't stop eating until I feel like I'm gonna puke.
- I wish I was better at "goin' with the flow."
- The ads on my blog generate an average of $4.00 a month. It's my get rich quick scheme.
- I really, really, really, wish I knew more about growing food. If I could can a year's worth of tomatoes, I'd be stoked.
- My best friend is a boy and he lives way too far away.
- I'm extremely opinionated, but the introvert in me makes me keep my mouth shut.
And there ya go. Anything else you want to know?