Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sesame Chicken Strips + Our Latest Menu


These were SO good.  I made them for dinner, but they'd make a yummy appetizer, too.  We're Mar Far Chicken fans and order it anytime we get Chinese takeout.  These were reminiscent of that.  Good, good, good.  They'd also be good in the chicken wraps we eat on a regular basis.




Here's the recipe with my notes:

Sesame Chicken Strips

1 C mayonnaise
2 tsp dried minced onion (I used onion powder)
2 tsp dry mustard
1 C crushed butter-flavored crackers (I used one sleeve of Ritz)
1/2 C sesame seeds
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts

In a bowl, combine mayo, onion, and mustard.

In another bowl, combine the cracker crumbs and sesame seeds.

Cut chicken lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips.  Dip strips into mayo mixture, then into sesame mixture.

Place in a single layer on a large greased baking sheet.

Bake at 425 for 15 to 18 minutes, or until juices run clear.

Serve with your favorite dressing or sauce.

If you could get your hands on some of the red sauce and hot mustard from a Chinese restaurant, that would be really good.  I made this honey mustard dressing and it was deeeeelicious.  We've been eating it with cut up raw veggies and on our salads, as well.

I made steamed white rice and green beans to go with dinner.  We used up the last of the homemade sweet chili sauce, so it's time to whip up another batch.


Here's dinner on my plate:









Yummy, yum, yum.

My meal planning this time consisted of jotting down things I've made before or don't need a recipe for.
And a kid request - I'm sure you can guess which one that is.
I had to run to the store for a couple things on Saturday, so I threw together a quick list to cover a week's worth of meals.

Here's what we'll be eating this week:

  • Chorizo Empanadas and Salad
  • Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
  • Carne Asada Tacos and Crockpot Refried Beans
  • Chicken Thighs (of some sort), Stuffing, and Veggies (don't know what kind yet)
  • Asian-Style London Broil, Steamed Rice, and Cabbage Salad with Red Peppers, Cucumbers and Asian Dressing
  • Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots, Salad and Rolls

3 comments:

  1. My husband always makes these funny requests too. Our menu looks similar to yours, then he'll say, can we have hot dogs? Um,...no, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup...pinning this as we speak...you see I get so sick of making the same old chicken. I just feel uninspired lately with my poultry friends so this could not have come at a better time! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy, I'm stoked for those carne asada tacos and crockpot refried beans...everything sounds so delicious, as always!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover