Thursday, February 28, 2013

Basil Spaghetti With Cheesy Broiled Tomatoes


Mmmmmm.

We eat a ton of pasta with the tomato, basil, cheese combo.  Especially in the summer.  And I love baked or grilled tomatoes.  So it was basically just a natural progression that the two would end up on the same plate as the main dish in my house.


I saw the picture on Pinterest and knew it had to be mine.  It's originally from the Real Simple website.  You can go here for the recipe:  Basil Spaghetti With Cheesy Broiled Tomatoes

The only change I made was, I used a whole pound of whole wheat pasta, instead of 12 ounces of regular.  It calls for 2 cloves of garlic - next time I'd use more.  It would also be really good with pesto.

We had a mixed green salad and bread to go with ours.

Here's dinner on my plate:






Thumbs up all the way around the table.

Please check out my sidebar for the parties I link up to.

1 comment:

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover