Friday, March 1, 2013

Mint Oreo Brownies


Soooo, you're probably gonna wanna go ahead and make these right away.  Liiike, immediately after getting to the end of this post.


I bought a package of Mint Oreo cookies on a whim.  Never had 'em before.  The package sat in the pantry, unopened.  The Girl got a fun new baking gadget from her aunt last weekend and wanted to bake some mini muffins in it.  I had a package of brownie mix, so we whipped it up and baked some mini muffin-shaped brownies.  Then I had this bowl of batter staring at me.  Then I thought about those cookies.  Then I thought, those cookies are the exact right size to fit in a muffin tin.  Holy lord, it's the best idea I've had all week.


Okay, it's probably been done before, but it's never been done in MY kitchen.  After the first bite, I realized brownies would never be the same.  This is the way they were meant to be all along.

Follow along kids, this is the easiest treat ever.


First, mix up some brownie batter.  Box, scratch, whatever.

Put a tablespoon or so of it in the bottom of a lined muffin tin.



Next, press an Oreo into it.
The mint was amazing, (think Girl Scout Thin Mints), but I'm pretty sure a regular one wouldn't suck.



Next, cover 'em up with the rest of your batter.



Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.  
That's it.
Now all you have to do is wait for them to cool off enough to take a bite.

Here they are at my house:






Chocolatey, chewy, fudgy, crunchy, minty.
All kinds of good.
And they're green, so I'm pretty sure I need to bust out another batch - ya know, to get into the St. Patrick's Day spirit.

"Health food may be good for the conscience, but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better." - Robert Redford



11 comments:

  1. OMG, what a great idea! And, I had never heard of it before. Will BE DONE in my kitchen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut. Up. You are a GENIUS. One thing I don't understand though - how did a box of Oreos sit in the pantry without been eaten?? Wouldn't have happened at my house :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I always talk about being Italian but my mom is Irish and these will be wonderful for St. Patty's Day! My little man can eat them too!!!! Thank you...they look insanely awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha,..yes, you will definitely have to repeat for St. Patty's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I'd like to invite you to link up to Saturday Spotlight @ Angels Homestead.

    http://angelshomestead.com/saturday-spotlight-6/

    Hope to see you there :)

    April

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is sheer genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ummm..can't speak , need these immediately - must be way better than the frosting I'm eating directly from the can...heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty blog! I love your mint brownie, it looks so yummy.
    I am a follower from the 36th Avenue. I would love for you to come over to visit me at http://www.memoriesbythemile.com/
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stop. Stop now. Here I am trying to diet and trying my hardest to avoid buying and eating a pack of the mint oreos by myself and you have to post this. I hate you. Not really. In fact I love you even more for this idea. But my waistline--not as impressed...

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover