Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Day With The Goats


School's been out for a week and so far, spending the day with goats was by far the best one. I'm thinkin' we need to go once a week.

So a building burned down years ago, leaving an empty lot.  Full of grass.  And weeds.  The owner of the business across the street from said lot, decided to put some goats there.  They take care of the vegetation and he has a place for his goats.  They've been there for four years.  This is the first time I've gone to see them.  Idiot.

Two of them are pregnant, one due next month.  Plus, there are already two babies there, both about a month and a half old.  Cooper and Bambi.  Cutest damn things you've ever seen.  

Here's our day with the goats:

















































































And the highlight of the trip, The Girl and I got to bottle feed the babies.
I know.











Look at that face.
So stinkin' sweet.


Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.

6 comments:

  1. Never mind the goats, I could eat the baby up in her little denim jacket - soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww,...you know that if you steal one to bring home it'll eat all of your lovely plants right? Right? ha ha - looks like an awesome place and you will definitely have to go back every week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that isn't the sweetest flipping thing! Those baby goats are absolutely beautiful...you can tell they are well taken care of!!!! And I especially like the one with you guys feeding them with a bottle! A perfect day indeed! My kiddos love goats too! So glad you had a fun day out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the goats had just as much fun as the kiddos! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you and your family got to see the goats! One of my favorite barnyard animals, for sure. I grew up on a farm, and each spring there were lots of baby goats and lambs, and one of my jobs was to feed baby bottles! They go bananas at feeding time, and push really hard, don't they?? As you depicted in your great photos, they also love to play and be up as high as they can get on objects! My parents are retired, but still have some goats, and they are a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun! My sister-in-law just got a pair of fainting goats out at the far, and my daughter is in love with them. They freak me out sometimes, because their bleating can sound like there's a child crying outside... ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover