Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The First Week Of June In The Garden


The weather continued to cooperate last week.  It just doesn't get much better than drinking coffee on the deck first thing in the morning when the sun is shining.  Here's what those rays of sunshine have contributed to most recently:

We planted the snap pea seeds on April 25th.
The Girl and Baby ate the first two Sunday morning.






The hanging baskets in the tree are starting to fill in a bit more.
I've always just put impatiens in them, but this year I added fuchsias.








Speaking of fuchsias, 'Blackie' came back from last year and is starting to bloom.





The new 'Blue Eyes' starts I bought early this spring are just now starting to bloom.


This nemesia had a rough start, but I think it's gonna make it.


One of many verbena.


Pineapple mint.





A shady spot under the tree.


A bright yellow begonia.




And last, a penstemon that came back for its third year.






Enjoy the rest of your week!


Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.

7 comments:

  1. Everything is looking really lovely in your garden, Mindy. It has been so cold and wet here that we are several weeks behind. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fuchsia and use them a lot in hanging baskets, you will be happy when they fill in. I love taking tea out first thing in the morning and reviewing the garden too. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm,...looks amazing. I agree about the coffee/tea outside in the morning. Today it's raining so I'll have to live through you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The peas look great--I got mine planted later, so they're smaller than yours. Also love the fuchsias in hanging baskets--so pretty! I tried nemesia a few years ago in containers, and they just pooped out for me--not sure if I did something wrong with them or what. And that beautiful begonia and penstemon--gorgeous! I used to have gorgeous penstemon, and then we had a couple of harsh winters that wiped most of them out. But I saw one I hadn't seen for about 3 years blooming by one of my roses the other day--(I like surprises like that!) We should have some nice sun this weekend, so Sunday I hope to be out in the garden to enjoy it! Take caare--have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you make a pea look so beautiful!?!?! Gorgeous blooms sweet friend...aint life better with flowers?! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover