Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Super Mario Birthday Party


Another birthday party down.  Phew, I think we're done until October.

My sister and brother-in-law were at it again.  This time, my nephew was turning six.  His Lego Party that they did last year still remains one of my most popular posts. So here we go with this year's party....


For a two-hour time slot, in addition to family, they had his little friends from school there.
Here's the snack table:


Oh wait, that was my snack table.  
Haha.









My sister made banana cupcakes that were amazingly delicious.
I will be getting on that recipe, pronto.
Cream cheese frosting, of course, and the stars and circles were rolled and cut out of pre-made fondant.





My brother-in-law busted out the homemade pinata again this year.
And this time, I have a couple in-progress photos.
I have received soooo many emails asking how he made that lego head.
I present to you, Koopa Troopa.



Isn't he cute?












He also set up a game where the kids had to shoot down wooden blocks with a Nerf dart gun.
Here's the BIL, showin' the kids how it's done.  :)


All the little monsters waiting their turns.
 



The birthday boy.
 



Baby.

The setup.
 







Prizes.



Once all the friends were gone, the real food came out.
Salad, pasta and bread.









A few more people pics.
Baby and Grammy.



My niece.


Tired Baby and Daddy.


And last, check out this awesome lamp my BIL's sister made.
From scratch.
Damn overachievers.




Tomorrow, I'll be sharing my, not-quite-as-awesome DIY gift.


Please check out my sidebar for parties I link up to.



11 comments:

  1. OH.MY.STARS. Is there no end to the creativity in this family? I know a little someone who will go ga-ga over this! Y'all know how to party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh-dorable! I love the cupcakes and the homemade pinata is awesome. Why can't I get motivated to do parties like this? My creativity ends at home design...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...I'm not sure what is better...The cupcakes or the piñata!! Heck, everything looks outstanding! You have some creative folks in your family! Mindy your sweet baby is sooo sooo cute! Don't you just wish you could freeze them at that age!?! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a creative family you have! The pinata is awesome, and the food is killing me--it looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mindy--that is all so cool! Your family throws the best parties :) Love the Super Mario theme, and the beautifully decorated bright cupcakes--I'm sure the kids had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome party! All the food looks so delicious and the cupcakes are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This mario themed birthday party is just awesome.Decorations are so nice. I love those cup cakes. but I think the pinata is the cutest part of about this birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've GOT to tell me how that question block lamp came into existence! Your BIL's sister is my new hero!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super Mario is one of my favorite characters, I really love using cartoons as a party characters. Thank you for sharing these some beautiful images of this amazing birthday party with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. kinsabil.senne@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover