Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Family Dinner


I read other blogs that mention their siblings being hundreds of miles away.  I can not imagine.  I have one sister, who is two years younger than me.  Her family bought a new house last spring, which took them from being a seven-minute drive to a 15-minute drive, away from us.  That's far enough, thankyouverymuch.  Because they're so close, we generally get together once a week for dinner. 

Last Saturday, we headed over and the cousins played non-stop while the grown-ups hung out and watched them play.  My sister made the chorizo empanadas that I've been trying to force feed you for two years.  She used vegetarian chorizo and added diced potatoes.  Ohmygosh, good.  She made a yummy salad and some Mexican-style rice to go with.  The whole meal was so pretty, I had to take pics.
















How good does that look?!
And that soy chorizo tastes exactly like the real deal.

Now that I've suckered you in with food photos, I'm throwin' in some people pics, too.












Do you think they're planning their getaway? :O)








Nope, can't imagine living in a completely different state and all those little monsters not growing up together.


Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.



5 comments:

  1. Looks delish! those pics are adorable - you have such a peaceful street!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, if Kristen gets to be family, I want to be family too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not kidding that's a gorgeous meal--wow! I wanna try it now, too. The fam looks like they're having a good time--nice that you have family close by--that's great. Mine are 4 hours away, so don't get to see them as often as I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The meal looks wonderful..yes, having everyone so far away is hard, miss them on a daily basis but really it's the birthdays that get me for some reason. So fun that your kids will really get to grow up with their cousins.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover