Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Apricot-Jalapeno Jam


Fairly recently, I stumbled upon a new-to-me food blog and discovered she's from my hometown.  Her photos are amazing and every single recipe she posts makes me want to run to the store for ingredients.  I'm pretty good about actually making the food I find online, but this was the first recipe of hers that I've tried.  So far.


Her post was for a whole roasted chicken that uses this jam.  I haven't made the chicken yet, but I did bust out the jam last week so that it would be ready to go.  She used a habanero, but the store I went to was out.  Boooo.  So I used a jalapeno pepper from our garden.  I'm pretty sure she intended for the heat to be stronger than what I ended up with, but I'm too impatient, so I used what I had.

To test out the fruits of my labor, I smeared some of the apricot goodness on a piece of toast with cream cheese.  Yeah, it doesn't suck at all.  Can't wait to make the chicken.

Here's the link to the recipes:

Here's everything comin' together at my house:


















And ready to eat:





Thank you, Eva, for heaven in my mouth.

Update:  Over the weekend, we went to The Dad's brother's house, and I took some of the jam with crackers, salami, apples, pears, and Beecher's Flagship cheese as an appetizer.
The jam with the cheese was delicious.
Annnnnd, last night I made the chicken.  
I have pictures.
It was delicious.
While we were eating, The Dad kept saying, "This is good chicken.  This is really good chicken."
It's really good chicken.
We had it with mashed potatoes and broccoli.
The sauce was amazing.
He put in a request for more mashed potatoes tonight so we can eat more of the sauce.
And the really good chicken.
Go make it.
Here's the link one more time, in case you missed it.
Really Good Chicken


Please check out my sidebar for the parties I link up to.


3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, this looks amazing and even though I just swallowed my last bite of lunch, I want this now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy, this jam sounds divine! The apricot and habanero must be a match made in heaven. Sounds really good, and I may be able to argue that a cave-girl would eat it. I've let sugar be my splurge ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoooly Cow...this sounds amazing. A habanero...whew...they are so dang hot that I think I'll use the more mild peppers, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover