- We were watching America's Funniest Home Videos and it showed a little boy being busted for coloring all over the walls. The Kid proceeds to say, "Well that's just a stupid parent."
- With continuously warm days, our uninsulated house is starting to hold the heat. I'm getting tired of flipping my pillow in the middle of the night, looking for relief. I need a Chillow.
- What ever happened to paisley?
- We officially own all new appliances. They're being delivered August 1st. Let's toast to the kitchen being ready to receive them, shall we?
- The Girl at dinner one night: "Pupils are like nipples. For your eyes." Um, okay.
- Why is a programmable thermostat the rage right now? How does it save you all this money they claim? Why can't you just turn it down when you go to bed or leave the house like normal people?
- On the rare occasion that we go out to dinner, I pick a restaurant based on whether or not they have a cheese platter.
- It is officially the season of walking through the yard with my hands flapping in front of me. Too many spider webs in the face will do that to a person. I always wonder what the neighbors think.
- The Kid: "Instead of buying a new fridge, you should just go on Let's Make A Deal and win one. Yes, that's a greaaat idea.
- I'm already over paper plates. Just FYI, I'm accepting all dinner invitations this month.
- I need a treat.
- More dinner table conversation: I used the analogy of a straw, a smoothie, and strawberry chunks, to explain clogged arteries to the inquiring Kid. I'm pretty sure they don't cover that in Parenting 101.
- The Girl has been all about Daddy since fresh outta the hatch. She's always preferred him and that's just the way it is. The Kid was talking to her about something the other day and said, You love Dad more than Mom. I was sitting there and said, Yeah, I know, it's okay. She looked over at me and said, I still like you a lot. Thanks honey.
- I think I'm finally coming to terms with the fact that Baby will never be a napper. That doesn't mean I'm happy about it.
- I think every day at 2:00 I should have a Champagne cocktail. Mmmm, bubbles.
Thursday, July 11, 2013
Random Thoughts & Tidbits: Part 13
It's time to purge my spiral.