Thursday, April 21, 2011

BBQ Chicken Pizza

It's pizza night again.  I didn't do the fresh dough this time.  I cheated and did a Boboli knock off.  This is another recipe I've been making for so long that I have no idea where it originally came from.  All I know is, it's really, really good.

Here's the recipe:

1 pkg (10oz) refrigerated pizza dough (or one Boboli-style pizza crust)
2 C diced or shredded cooked chicken (I boiled two boneless skinless breasts for 15 minutes and shredded them.)
1 C BBQ sauce (You can make your own or use a bottle of whatever you like.)
1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced (Or whatever color you have or like.)
1/2 pound shredded pepper jack cheese
1/2 C fresh cilantro


1.  Press dough over bottom and up sides of a rimmed pan or a 14-inch pizza pan.  Pierce dough with a fork at 2-inch intervals.  Bake on the bottom rack of a 400 degree oven until light golden, about 10 minutes.  (If using a pre-made crust, skip the pre-baking part and start at step 2.)

2.  Mix shredded chicken with BBQ sauce.  Spread mixture evenly on crust.  Arrange pepper slices over chicken, then cover evenly with cheese.  Bake at 450 about 10 minutes.  Garnish with cilantro. 



Here's the way I did it:



 Whole Wheat Crust



 Pepper jack and a little cheddar.


BBQ Chicken


Bell Peppers


More Cheese



Out of the oven.




I did a traditional pepperoni pizza for the kids as well. 


Here it is:


Tomato paste seasoned with dried oregano and garlic powder.


Shredded cheddar and mozzarella.


Pepperoni.

Out of the oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover