Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I Need A Doctor....

...call me a doctor, I need a doctor, doctor, to bring me back to life. 

That's my computer's theme song of the week.  I'm down and out in Beverly Hills.  Or something like that.  My computer is dead.  Well, I don't know if it's dead, but it's infected to the point of being useless.  Unfortunately, we're both too computer illiterate to remedy the problem.  So it's sitting on the floor next to me, unplugged from it's life source.  Waiting for a doctor to revive it.  If it can't be revived, I'll probably cry.  Every year at this time, our computer crashes in some way or another and it's really frustrating.  (Understatement of the year alert.)  I'm having visions of swinging hammers.

Anyway, we've borrowed a computer in order to have access to the wonderful World Wide Web.  (Sarcasm alert.)  You don't realize how much you depend on Google until it's inaccessible.  I said to The Dad yesterday, what if people are sending me messages or trying to contact me and they think I'm ignoring them?!  You know, because no one knows how to make a phone call anymore.  And think of how many blog posts from my favorites that I'm behind on!  Tragedy!  (Did I mention I hate computers yet?)

So that's the scoop from my end.  I'm not ignoring you.  I'm not avoiding you.  I haven't abandoned ship.  I'm just in rough open seas at the moment and hopefully will be nearing land soon.

2 comments:

  1. i could live with out everything but the net!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting pretty good at abruptly getting cut off - considering our luck with computers. The first few days are the worst. It definitely makes you realize how much you depend on it for silly things. And as a stay at home mom, it's my main source of communication with adults in the outside world!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover