Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Holly's Meatloaf

This is just my personal opinion, but to me, there is nothing grosser than a log of ground meat smothered in ketchup.  Gross.  But The Dad loves meatloaf, so I feel obligated to put it on his plate every once in awhile.  I do not, however, feel obligated to smother it in ketchup.  Did I mention gross? 

My sister made meatloaf for us one night at their house and I was pleasantly surprised.  It has now taken up permanent residence in the Recipe Binder.

Here's the recipe:

1 pound ground turkey
1/2 C bread crumbs
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp milk
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 C sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1/2 C feta (apparently I wrote it down wrong - originally, this was supposed to be provolone)
1/2 C parsley (I forgot to buy this darnit)
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp pepper

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. 









Transfer to a greased 9-by-5 loaf pan. 





Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.




I'm all about the mashed potato, but the ingredients in this were calling out for pasta.  So I made Farfalle with olive oil, butter, garlic and  Parmesan.






 I also made baked tomatoes drizzled with olive oil and balsamic and seasoned with garlic powder, salt and pepper.






I drizzled everything with my fancy balsamic from The Dad.


Here it is on my plate:









Now that's a meatloaf I can get on board with.  It's really, really good.

1 comment:

  1. P.S. The Kid devoured everything on his plate and went in for thirds. The Girl wasn't a super fan of the meatloaf, but inhaled everything else.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover