Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Garlic-Thyme Pork Chops

I've been making this recipe for as long as I can remember.  I have no idea where it originally came from.  Probably a magazine.  I don't know why, but every single time I've ever made it, I make wild rice and green beans to go with it.  Just fits.

Here's the recipe:

4 pork loin or rib chops
3 red onion, quartered (at my house half of a whole one is sufficient)
1 C apple juice
1 tsp cornstarch
1tsp cold water
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp fresh thyme
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt

Boil apple juice 5 to 6 minutes, uncovered, or until reduced by half.  Combine cornstarch and water, stir into juice.  Cook until thick and bubbly.  Remove from heat and stir in olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.  Brush sauce on pork and onions while grilling or broiling.  Make sure to tell your grill master to leave enough sauce for drizzling over the rice and green beans.  Double the sauce recipe if doing more than four chops.


Here it is on my plate:









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover