Thursday, April 7, 2011

Lemony Salmon

I've mentioned before that I try to make a conscious effort to eat fish at least once a week.  I've been slacking on that goal.  It's much easier for me in the summer because I make a salmon on the grill that I love.  So far, salmon in the oven isn't really doin' it for me.  Cod, yes.  Tilapia, yes.  Salmon, not so much.  I really liked the sauce for this recipe, but the fish itself just didn't win me over.  The Dad, on the other hand, thought it was delicious.  But he's fish guy.  I'm more of a, okay, I'll eat it if it's in front of me, girl.  The Kid was not on board even a little bit.  He tried one bite, I insisted he try one more with the sauce and it still wasn't workin' for him.  The Girl ate a little bit more, but not much. I'm really sellin' this recipe, aren't I?  Seriously, if you like salmon, the sauce for this was really good.  It made waaaay more than what the four of us needed, so halving the recipe wouldn't be a bad idea.  Now I have to figure out what to do with 3/4 of a cup of lemony sour cream.  Suggestions appreciated.


Here's the recipe reconfigured by yours truly:

Sauce:

1 C sour cream
1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
Salt and Pepper

Combine ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.

Salmon:

6 (6oz) salmon fillets (I had one big slab)
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp chopped onion
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 tsp grated lemon peel

Whisk everything together in a 9 x 13 baking dish.  Add fish and turn to coat.  Cover; chill up to one hour, turning occasionally.

Preheat oven to 400.  Line baking sheet with nonstick foil.  (I used regular foil and sprayed it with Pam.)  Transfer salmon to baking sheet and roast until opaque in the center, about 14 minutes.  ( I should have checked mine after 10.)

I made a mixed green salad and whole wheat cheese tortellini with butter, olive oil, garlic, parmesan and basil to go with it.  And bread of course - my drug of choice.

Here it is on my plate:










And if anyone would like to explain to me how someone could get THIS much sour cream in their hair, I'm open to theories.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover