This room is all the justification I'll ever need as to why I never get rid of anything. Call me a pack rat if you must, but the only thing
When we first built the room for The Kid, we went with the least expensive window treatments out there. Roller shades. Not fancy in the least, but they did the job for the then 2-year-old who was sleeping in there. Fast forward four years and they were a little beat up, to say the least. BUT, they still functioned, so replacing them wasn't gonna happen. So what do you do when you want to hide the ugly? Cover it with fabric, of course.
When I was first trying to decide on what to do in the room, I had pulled all my fabric down from the attic and had it in piles on the floor. I would sit in there and go back and forth over what to use. In the stash was a duvet cover I had on my bed years ago. It was big and had two sides worth of fabric to it. SOLD. So that's what I used. I ended up looking online to see how other people had done it and the Cottage and Vine tutorial dominated Google images, so that's the one I used. I read Rene's blog everyday anyway, so I trusted the source.
I was originally going to use spray adhesive to attach the fabric to the whole thing, but she advised just gluing around the edges. So that's what I did. I didn't finish the edges or anything. I just cut and glued. I also only used enough fabric to cover up to where the shades roll down to. No need to waste it on something you'd never see anyway.
Here's what the back looks like:
And here's how they look pulled down:
The matching cushions on the window seat were my, Oh thank God I don't have to sew again, discovery.
They're the pillow shams that went with the duvet cover and they fit the existing cushions perfectly.
The pillows were already in the room as well.
I just recovered them.
The fronts of the two outside ones are the fabric I bought.
It's green with white polka dots and will show up in more of the room as well.
I trimmed them with some ribbon I had leftover from the garter I made when we got married.
I told you I never get rid of anything.
The back side of those is more of the duvet fabric - only with the colors in reverse.
The other two pillows are toile on the front, leftover from Baby number 1 - The Kid.
The backs are a green tablecloth I cut up.
The white curtains are also some I already had.
So there ya go.
Another piece of the room DONE.
Actually, it's all done.....I just need to take some pictures.
I MADE IT!
Now we can have a baby.