Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Baby's Room: I Hate Sewing

How is it that a person who hates to sew, sucks at it, and curses it, spends an entire day sewing?  At one point, I was sitting at the dining room table ripping out a messed up seam, sewing away and I shouted, If I was rich, I wouldn't have to be doing this shit!  lol  Such a lovely, relaxing time preparing for Baby. 

I really don't hate to sew, I just have no clue what I'm doing, so I get frustrated and it takes me ALL DAY to make a few things.  Plus, I'm indecisive to a fault, so I ponder over fabric combinations for way too long.  As if it really matters in the end.  Oh well.  The room is coming along and may be ready for a baby after all.  I said may be ready.

The whole point of this post was to show you, yet again, how unaffected The Cat is by my ability to trash a room with my projects, in no time flat.  Also, you get a tiny sneak peak of the room.  Tiny.  And no, the pink ribbon is not some sort of surprise gender announcement.  It just happened to be in the box.






He was clearly annoyed by my presence.

Do you ever find pictures on your camera that you KNOW you didn't take?  
I think some little kids were trying to document my progress.

There's The Cat again.




It is now almost 11:00 pm.  
I've been sitting on the floor nearly all day, which is probably THE most uncomfortable place to be when you're this pregnant.  
The Mom is ready for bed.  
Back at it tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. I love your window seat....and I am almost SURE that room will be ready for your new little doll baby. :))

    I don't do cats, but I am always amazed at the places they find to nap. Just tickles me......:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. get that cat off people things

    ReplyDelete
  3. You so make me laugh! Glad to know you thought of me while being miserable doing all of that sewing... ;-)

    The window seat looks great! And no matter what, it'll eventually get done. Oren's room didn't get done till like a month after he was born. Whatever...that's what happens when you're not the first born. He's adjusted just fine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the sewing hatred...hot glue is my "thread", lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who can resist a kitty photo? And what is it about cats and boxes? They love them.

    I hate sewing too and sometimes I even hate gardening. I want to be rich so I can just enjoy the results without putting in the time. But I'm afraid it's not going to happen in this lifetime. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover