Friday, January 27, 2012

Have A Heart: A Kid Lunch



My plan is always to make The Kid's Fun Food Friday school lunch the night before.  It doesn't always happen that way.  The couch was way too comfy last night, so I slacked on it.  Which means I had to do it this morning.  Which means it needed to be fast and easy.  I don't know about you, but I'm not feeling especially creative at 6:30 in the morning.  But I had remembered seeing some heart themed things on Pinterest lately, so I went with that, using what little information my brain could conjure up without having to check my computer.  You can go here to see where I store a lot of my motivation inspiration.

The sammie is PB&J with sprinkles in the cutout.  I used a mini cookie cutter to make watermelon hearts, and then put those on a toothpick with a blackberry.  Almonds and pistachios in the little container with some conversation hearts.  Mini bell peppers just 'cause I had 'em.

Here's The Kid's lunch:






And here's The Girl's:









3 comments:

  1. Looks pretty awesome to me!!! Id eat that Sammy with sprinkles any day of the week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww,...too cute! Love those blackberry/watermelon combos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I see these I am so motivated to make a cute lunch and then...it just doesn't happen - I must do this. My kids would flip out with this lunch

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover