I had a stuffed bird pattern and thought I'd whip out a few little ones to make a mobile for over the changing table. After the first one, I knew it wasn't gonna work out. It looked more like a bird of prey than the cute, fat little sparrow I was after. I found this tutorial online and tried it instead.
First, I attempted to make it smaller. After six, yes six, of them turning out looking more like dinosaurs with no feet rather than birds, I tried making it the original size. It was getting closer. I tweaked it a bit more and got what I wanted. Sort of.
It was waaaay cuter in my head, but it will work. Baby won't care that their heads are a little lumpy or that their tails are all different. I put bells inside one, a rattle inside another, and a squeaky thing out of a dog toy that The Dog destroyed in the third. So they all make some sort of noise to distract Baby when it I'm trying to change diapers. :o)
I made a hoop out of wire and wrapped it with ribbon for suspending them from.
Here's Baby's, "they kind of look like birds" mobile.