Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve 2011

I'll admit, the clock hasn't even struck midnight yet, and already I'm obsessing over all the things I need to get done in January.  Geesh.  I think they make a pill for that.

I'm not a resolution maker, so I have no big self-help goals to share with the world.  Not that I couldn't use a few.  I will do my annual purge and reorganize ritual that I do every year once the Christmas decorations are put away (one of those items on the January to-do list). 

Our big "plans" for the evening are to sit on the couch in our sweats and try to stay awake long enough to watch the ball drop.  I did pick up a bottle of champagne, just in case we make it that long. 

The Dad actually proposed right at midnight on New Year's Eve, so it's kinda hard to top that year.  I'm more than happy snuggled in for the evening.  Y'all headed out on the town will be diggin' glitter out of crevices you didn't even know you had for at least a month.  The Kid's teacher said to me one day, Glitter is the gonorrhea of the craft world.  Hilarious.

Okay, I'll stop my rambling and end this post with some food pictures.  Ya know, 'cause I kinda like food.  And tonight's dinner just so happened to be one of my favorite foods.  Liquid cheese.



Remember that box full of cheese I got for my birthday?  
This was in it:


Are you kidding me?  It's like emergency fondue!  
Pop the top, nuke it and dive in.




I'm pretty sure I would eat this every night if I was single.
Give me a hot tub of cheese and a loaf of bread and I'm golden.
 However, there are other people who live here, so I added a few more items to the dinner table.

 




Let's see that first one, one more time, shall we?


Goodness gracious.

Happy New Year!!!
Thanks for comin' around everyday and listenin' to this crazy broad ramble.
Here's to January 1st, 2012.
A clean slate.

12 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Mindy! All those goodies look Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you are making me hungry ;0)
    Happy new years to you and congrats on making room for baby, so exciting!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I missed this post. I should have been able to smell all that food. And seriously, few things make me as happy as listening to this broad (that would be you) ramble. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want what's in all of those pics! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to encourage you to continue this great blog writing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very informative and well-written post! Greatjob

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really impressed with this blog article, Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed learning more about this topic. Nice post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post. It’s always interesting to read articles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look forward to seeking more of this fantastic post. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover