Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Taste of Summer Panini

Tonight is the last night I'll be cooking for awhile.  Tomorrow night we're doing Christmas dinner with The Dad's brother and his family.  The day after that is MY BIRTHDAY and I'm hoping someone will be taking me to a restaurant without children.  Hint, hint.  The day after that is Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's.  The day after that is Christmas.  The Dad and I have been getting Chinese take-out Christmas night since at least our first year of marriage.  Now, we wait till the kids crash and then go get it.  :)  The day after that I'll be sleeping through dinner time.  The day after that is my mom's birthday, so my sister and I will be making dinner here for her.  The day after that is my mother-in-laws birthday, but she's not in town, so no festivities are planned.  The day after that is back to life, back to reality.  Well, for a minute anyway.

I came across this sammie the other day while planning my weekly menu and it was added immediately.  You don't technically need a recipe, but sometimes a picture of someone else's dinner is the reminder you need to go back to the basics.  You can head on over to the blog for ingredient amounts.  The bacon was listed as optional.  Hahahahahahahaha.  As if.

Here's dinner coming together at my house:

Homemade pesto from the freezer.


Sliced tomatoes.


Fresh mozzarella.


Bacon.


The lid.


The Beast.


Sammies cookin'.



Ding, ding, ding, time to eat!



Here's dinner on my plate:




Only three more days people.
Three more days.

4 comments:

  1. mmmm...that looks dee-licious!!!

    and happy b-day in advance!!

    evie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez, after all that baking you did the other day, you shouldn't be cooking for a while. Happy (early) Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yumm, this looks so delicious, everything in it sounds just perfect

    http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to drop by to wish a a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous 2012!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover