Monday, December 19, 2011

Pumpkin Chicken Chili & Skillet Cornbread with Honey-Butter

I have two handfuls of posts in my head and no time to get them on the computer.  Since we're officially in the last days before Christmas, I'm in a mad dash to get everything done.

Both new recipes tonight came from blogs that I read.  You can get the chili recipe here and the cornbread recipe here.

The chili was amazingly delicious.  So, so good.  And it's a crock pot meal that involved dumping everything in - no browning of meat or anything - so it came together super fast.  The only thing I'd change is adding some beans to it to beef it up a bit.  I'll add garbanzos to it tomorrow for night number two.

Here it is in my bowl:




The honey-butter on the cornbread was delicious.  Of course.  I prefer my standby cornbread recipe, so I'll use that next time, but the cast iron skillet in the oven method was fun and I'll do that again.

Here's the cornbread:






As for the posts in my head, I've got a couple appetizers, a ton of baked goodies, (one of which is see Jesus good), and a couple more DIY Christmas gifts.  We'll see if I can get them on here before the week is over.....

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I want your (personal favourite standby) cornbread recipe please. No hurry,...after Christmas is fine. he he

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover