Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Breakfast Parfaits

I'm not gonna lie, since The Kid has been home for summer vacation, there has been a lot of cereal consumption for breakfast.  There's been some other things thrown in here and there, but for the most part, cereal is the go-to.  If they're lucky, they get a piece of toast with it.

Today, I was feeling a wee bit guilty, so I decided to make something a little more fun, but still didn't take much more time or work.  Parfaits.  Which is the fancy way to say layers of yogurt, granola and fruit.  I may have mentioned to the kids that they were like ice cream sundaes.  Maybe.


We have a ton of fruit in the house right now, but your basic bananas and strawberries would still be delicious.  I used apricots, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and kiwi.  I had vanilla Greek yogurt that I use for my smoothies and I threw in some granola.  I drizzled everything with some honey and it was good to go. 

Here they are coming together at my house:




When I was done, I literally was like, now why in the heck didn't I make myself one?!  

Here's this morning's easy, non-cereal, breakfast:





And because I can, I'll throw in a couple pictures of Baby eating her breakfast, too.
Day two of rice cereal with mushed up banana.








Oh my gosh, she is so dang cute.


8 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and so healthy! A great summer breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuh-ummm!!! I could totally go for one of those right now. And, she is darn cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. she IS cute!! :)

    That parfait looks AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo,...what could be better than rice cereal with mushed up banana? Yep, nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking for a new breakfast treat! I'm loving this!!! Baby is getting so big and cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mindy: What a great breakfast idea--looks delish! Love the baby smile after having that tasty spoonful of breakfast--so cute. Take care, and have a wonderful, sunny weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mindy, so pretty and yummy. Best of both worlds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shh! I'm at work, reading this and giggling at little sweetie pie and her mother's correct assessment of the situation. :) Oh well, people already think I'm weird. Laughing at my computer screen is what I do.

    Eat your heart out, Capt'n Crunch! Love the parfait. Fresh summer fruit is the cat's meow as far as I'm concerned. I've been literally making myself sick on cherries this year.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover