Monday, July 23, 2012

Summer Spaghetti & Cheesy Garlic Sticks


Okay, I've got another couple Pinterest recipe reviews for ya.  Two thumbs up on both.

The first is the Summer Spaghetti.  The description said, Spaghetti in Garlic Gravy with Herb and Lemon Marinated Chicken and Cherry Tomatoes.  Sold!

So first of all, this pasta would be delicious without the chicken if you're lookin' for a meatless meal.  BUT, the chicken was really good.  It really soaked up the lemon flavor from the marinade.  So much so that The Kid even commented that he could taste lemon.  Good stuff.

I made just a few minor changes.  I used whole wheat spaghetti, 'cause I had it and we like it.  The cherry tomatoes were FIVE DOLLARS for a pint at the ghetto Safeway, so I bought Romas instead.  The Garlic Gravy calls for 2 1/2 cups of chicken stock.  I thought that sounded like a lot, so I used about 1 1/4 cup of stock and 1 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid from the pasta.  I didn't use parsley, but instead just added more fresh basil.  The sauce didn't thicken up a whole heck of a lot, so if you want thicker sauce, use a bit more flour in that step.

Here's the Summer Spaghetti at my house:







Now, onto the Cheesy Garlic Sticks.  Sooooo, this is cheese pizza, cut into rectangles, to make people like me not feel bad about eating pasta and pizza all in one meal.  That being said, these were delicious.  But seriously, how could they not be?  It's fresh pizza dough, olive oil, garlic, and cheese.

The recipe calls for using fresh dough from Papa Murphy's.  We got ours at Trader Joe's.  I also don't buy minced garlic in the jar 'cause I think it has a funny taste, so I used garlic infused olive oil and garlic powder.  Along with some Italian seasoning.  Other than that, I went with the recipe and it was G double O D, GOOD.


Here's the Cheesy Garlic Sticks at my house:






And dinner on my plate:  





To see all of my Pinterest boards, go here.

8 comments:

  1. Those look delicious! Hmmmm...sounds like a plan for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa - that sounds like a GREAT plan! :)

      Delete
  2. Okay, what time can I pop over for dinner? This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll admit it was the cheesy garlic sticks that pulled me in, but that summer spaghetti looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious - this is my husbands' favorite meal - we usually just put a garlic butter mixture, topped with some cheese on our cheesey brea - I'll need to try the basil and too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh baby. I wouldn't know which to stuff in first. Both looking amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two more winners, Mindy--both sound and look very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUMMY!!! This looks so good! I will be featuring this at our party tomorrow. Thanks for partying with us... I mean me.:)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover