Monday, July 16, 2012

Fajita Enchiladas + Cheesy Salsa Rice + This Week's Menu

I'm not a big leftover girl.  Well, there are certain things I could eat as-is, but for the most part, I need to make it look like something else for the next meal.  That being said, when I plan my meals, a lot of the menu items roll over into a second dinner.  This was one of them.


We had grilled fajitas, which were deeeelicious.  I used a bottled Island Mango marinade for my chicken and added about 1/2 C of pineapple juice to it, then let it marinate overnight.  The Dad grilled the chicken, pulled it, then I grilled up some red onion, bell pepper, and chopped tomato in a grill basket with salt, pepper and garlic powder.  I sliced the chicken and threw it in with the veggies to warm it back up and we wrapped it all up in corn tortillas with cheese, black beans, guacamole, and sour cream.  Good stuff, kids.

So that was dinner number one.  For dinner number two, I had some of the filling left, so I rolled it up in corn tortillas with refried beans, and put them in a baking dish.  Dumped some green enchilada sauce over everybody, topped them with cheese, and baked at 350 until everyone was hot and the cheese was melted, about 30 minutes.  We topped it with guacamole, sour cream, and cilantro.  Oh man, good grits.


I also had some rice in the fridge leftover from stirfry (which was also a night number two meal), so I dumped some salsa in with it, mixed it all up, put it in a baking dish, topped it with cheese, and baked it with the enchiladas.  The Kid tore that up.


Here's dinner on my plate:








So there ya go, a peek into one of our, clean out the fridge, leftover meals.

Here's what's on the menu for the upcoming week (as I mentioned last week, I'm pullin' from Pinterest quite a bit this go-around):

 
 

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, looks amazing. I'm drooling over the beet pasta as well. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if the prose wasn't enough to make my mouth water, those photos surely were. Now what was your address and what time is dinner served? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously need to come for a visit - sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover