Have you seen the 3-ingredient Fresh Apple Cake on Pinterest? We had my parents over for dinner last week and when I realized I needed a quick dessert, I remembered seeing that one. I didn't have apples, but popped over to the site to see if it would lend itself to another fruit. Lucky me, it stated right up front that any fruit would work. Sold.
You guys, this is the easiest dessert in history. Easier than rice krispie treats. And you don't have to scrub cemented marshmallows out of a pan.
I had some amazingly delicious peaches from the farmer's market, so I sliced those up and scattered them in the bottom of a square baking dish.
I also had some frozen raspberries from my aunt's house, so I threw a few handfuls of those on top.
Next, I sprinkled on half a box of yellow cake mix.
The original recipe uses a bigger pan, so that's why I only used half.
This next part is where I went off the whole 3-ingredient thing.
I had seen in the comments that someone had added oatmeal when they made it.
So I added some oatmeal and cinnamon to the top.
Now, you dump an entire stick of melted butter over the top.
Well, actually, I probably should have only used half a stick, since I cut the other ingredients in half.
Oh well, what's a little extra butter in your life?
Now, you just stick it in a 350 degree oven and bake it for about 40 minutes.
Sorry, I didn't take any "on my plate" pics, but we had it with vanilla ice cream and it didn't suck at all.
Let me know if you try it with any other fruits.
Here's the latest meal plan at our house:
- Spicy Veggie Peanut Wraps & Steamed Rice
- Country-Style Ribs, Baked Potatoes & Steamed Broccoli
- Garlic-Avocado Sammies & Chips
- Peanut Crusted Chicken with Pineapple Salsa, Brown Rice & Avocado Salad
- BLT Steak, Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Bread
- Chicken Frito Pie & Green Salad
- Aglio Olio, Roasted Beet Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette & Bread
- Pork Skewers, Chickpea Salad, Feta Dip & Pita Bread
- Orecchiette with Ricotta and Chard & Bread