Wednesday, August 1, 2012

End Of July In The Front Yard


Okay, it's not July anymore, but it was when these pictures were taken.  I ran outside after dinner the other night so I could get pictures without the sun blinding me and washing out all the flowers.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have no idea what I'm doing when I'm taking pictures.  It takes me 10 shots of the same thing to get one I like.  With that being said, the lighting in some of these turned out so cool.  The sun was setting and everything was glowing, which, amazingly, comes across in the photos.  Total fluke.

I've finally got a dahlia blooming!  
Actually, I must have gotten two different bulbs planted in the same spot.  
One's a solid lavender and the other has white on it.
Either way, it's always the first clump to bloom.






Two more phlox are goin' now.
A hot pink and a purple.







Crocosmia.




Echinacea.





Gerbera Daisy.




Roses.





Some sort of mini sunflower that comes back every year, multiplied by 100.
It's at least a foot taller than me, the roots go to China and the bees love it.
Feel free to leave a comment if you know what it is.


Plumbago.




Geranium.


The mallow tree in the parking strip.
And the kids climbing it with the neighbor girl.





 This begonia and the fuchsias came back from last year.
And no, I still haven't painted that door or installed the new window that's been sitting in the driveway for three years.
Thanks for noticing.






Okay, before I go, here are some full shots of the front yard, starting with the view from the porch.









And into August we go...



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots, Mindy! I totally think you know what you're doing with a camera. I'm envious of your photo-taking talent. The flowers are gorgeous. The ones of the Echinacea with the path in the background look like a dreamy fairy-scape.
    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that view from the porch. I want flowers (said with a whine). Oh, and someone to water them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, how many accidents have you caused by distracted drivers gawking at your ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS front garden? :) And for someone who doesn't know here way around a camera you captured some delicious photos! I see your Blue Star Creeper is all abloom too. So pretty. I'm not surprised that the fuchsias overwintered but the Begonia? Nice!

    The yellow sunflower, I believe is called Maximillian Sunflower. If you Google it you can compare photos.

    One more thing. I noticed you repinned the book Reform At Victory. It's out of print now. If you would like me to, I could send you my copy to read. It's already been to Kansas and back so a trip to Portland would be nothing. :) Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the view from your porch...just so lovely!! Your garden is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must have fun sitting out on the front porch--I would never want to leave for looking at the beautiful view of your gorgeous flower beds! Your dahlias are very pretty--not one of mine came up this year, so I will have to enjoy them this year through your photos! Take care, and have a great weekend--it's supposed to be a scorcher here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have some serious garden envy. Everything is gorgeous! Nice work :) I'm lucky if our front yard isn't just a giant mess of weeds (its a given that the back is a jungle!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is beautiful..wow! And you take WONDERFUL photos!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover