photo RecentPosts-1.jpg

Friday, August 24, 2012

The Deep Blue Sea: A Kid Lunch

I saw this idea in a magazine a while back and decided to try it out for this week's Fun Food Friday.

I'm making the Garlic-Avocado Sammies for dinner tonight, so figured I could use the spread from that as the water.  I'll post the recipe next week, but it's basically cream cheese and avocado.  I put a drop of blue food coloring in a small amount of it to do the lunch.

The base is a rice cake.  A bagel or any sort of bread would work.  I'm sure you all know what the fishy crackers are. The rest is just stuff I dug out of the fridge and yard.  Broccoli, cherry tomatoes, garlic chives, basil, and cucumber.

Here's lunch on the plate:

They were near identical, but here's the other one:

I'm so glad it's Friday.
Have a good weekend!


  1. Omg, adorable! I work with a bunch of people who eat rice cakes like they're going out of style -- I'm passing along these photos :)

  2. Oh my gosh Mindy.... I'm such an inadequate mother. The most exciting meal Izzy sees is if it makes it to her Dora plate instead of a plain plate :D You amaze me!

  3. LOL - so cute. Do you think vegetarians can eat those fish? lol

  4. You win mom of the year for this one, Mindy! P.S. Word verification on IW is now off thanks to you. :)

  5. I think this is my favorite kids lunch yet!

  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE this one! The broccoli coral is awesome. I'm pinning for sure thanks for partying with me.:)

  7. that looks really good. i think i'll try that. can i add a little sour cream to it?

    1. I don't see why not - a little extra dairy never hurt anyone! :)


I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover