Friday, August 24, 2012

The Deep Blue Sea: A Kid Lunch


I saw this idea in a magazine a while back and decided to try it out for this week's Fun Food Friday.


I'm making the Garlic-Avocado Sammies for dinner tonight, so figured I could use the spread from that as the water.  I'll post the recipe next week, but it's basically cream cheese and avocado.  I put a drop of blue food coloring in a small amount of it to do the lunch.

The base is a rice cake.  A bagel or any sort of bread would work.  I'm sure you all know what the fishy crackers are. The rest is just stuff I dug out of the fridge and yard.  Broccoli, cherry tomatoes, garlic chives, basil, and cucumber.


Here's lunch on the plate:








They were near identical, but here's the other one:



I'm so glad it's Friday.
Have a good weekend!


8 comments:

  1. Omg, adorable! I work with a bunch of people who eat rice cakes like they're going out of style -- I'm passing along these photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Mindy.... I'm such an inadequate mother. The most exciting meal Izzy sees is if it makes it to her Dora plate instead of a plain plate :D You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - so cute. Do you think vegetarians can eat those fish? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You win mom of the year for this one, Mindy! P.S. Word verification on IW is now off thanks to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is my favorite kids lunch yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE this one! The broccoli coral is awesome. I'm pinning for sure thanks for partying with me.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that looks really good. i think i'll try that. can i add a little sour cream to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see why not - a little extra dairy never hurt anyone! :)

      Delete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover