Wednesday, August 22, 2012

No-Bake Peanut Butter Cups


You're welcome.  Trust me, you'll be thanking me later.



This is another Pinterest find.  I've had the recipe printed and sitting in my kitchen, just waiting for an excuse to make them.  Last Friday, we had dinner at my sister's.  Excuse found.

The original recipe uses graham crackers in the crust.  I almost cried when I realized I didn't have any.  But, you know me, where there's a will, there's a way.  I used ground up Oreos instead.  The color contrast isn't as pretty as it is in the originals, but that certainly didn't stop us from eating them.  I put graham crackers on my grocery list for round two.  :o)

Also, I almost always read the comments in a recipe post and this time I'm glad I did.  It was mentioned several times that the chocolate wasn't setting up for people, so they cut the amount of milk in half.  I followed the suggestion and mine set up perfectly.

I made them in my mini muffin tins and got 18 out of the recipe, rather than 8 large ones.


Here's heaven on the plate:





Unwrapped and ready for consumption.



Hello, glistening sea salt.




I know, people, I know.


6 comments:

  1. Holy yum! I can taste it by just looking...calorie-laden photo, Mindy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...those look amazing. I don't think I would have had any self control with these - my sister would never have gotten any..this dessert is right up my alley...and Oreos...great addition..I'll have to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am saving this recipe- it looks wonderful!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why???? Why did you have to post this when I'm emotional (i.e. NEED FOOD THAT IS SO BAD FOR YOU AND TASTES SO GOOD!!!) and trying to get back on my run training plan???? I won't hate you forever, just for a second since you don't live close enough to share!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just got fatter from these gorgeous images.

    michele

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover