Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hot Stuff Is Blooming!


Just a few random pics from the front yard for ya today.


This dahlia is called 'Hot Stuff'.






I bought this crocosmia a couple years ago.
According to the tag, it's called 'Canary'.  
I think the tag lied.






The echinacea is in full bloom.


The 'Autumn Joy' sedum is just starting to show color.





I call this my "Tina Rose" because of who gave it to me.
I have no idea what its real name is.









This ivy geranium came back from last year.
It hangs on the front porch.





That's it for now.
The Kid is off school clothes shopping with my mom and my BIL came and picked up The Girl for a special cousin outing at Chuck E. Cheese.
She's never been, so I'm sure they're having a blast.
The best part is, Baby is sleeping.
The house is quiet.
I can't remember the last time that happened.
I have dishes to wash and laundry to fold, but I don't want to waste my good fortune on chores.
Think I'll go sit on the deck with a magazine and just be.


3 comments:

  1. Your Tina Rose is so pretty--I love the gradations of color in the petals. And very cool that your ivy geranium came back. I bring my geranium inside over the winter, and keep them under lights, and they bloom off and on--it gives me flowers for the house all winter. But I'd love to be able to let them hang outside. I tried it a few years ago, and pretty much they all died. I feel so behind--I've played catch-up on the blog posts all this week--need to crank out a cooking one right now. I have to remind myself that I have to take care of myself first, and all I can do is what I can do. I tend to sit at the darn computer for hours! Take care--have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go. Just be. After all, the calm never lasts. Love your bloomers. I notice other than the Crocosmia, you have a leaning towards the pinks and purples just like me. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES,,,,,,,,,that´s what I call Hot Stuff :)
    and do not miss......

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    it is FUN :)
    WELCOME
    HÃ¥kan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover