Friday, May 20, 2011

Dreamsicle: A Kid Lunch

Did you miss me last Friday?  Blogger was down and we were on the road anyway.  The kids mentioned several times that they wouldn't be getting a fun lunch.  Oh the horror.  You see now why I can never skip it if we're home.

We went to the nursery today (more on that later) so I needed to come up with something quick and easy when we got home.  Once I got everything on the plates, all the orange and white made me think of a dreamsicle.

I made PB&J sammies and cut them out with a butterfly cookie cutter.  Then I used two flower cutters on slices of white cheddar.  The two bowls are carrots and ranch dip.  Orange slices under the butterfly.

Here it is on the plate:



 



5 comments:

  1. You re the coolest mom ever! Makes me want to go nuts with my cutters on my ham and cheese!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is the cutest healthy kid lunch I've ever seen :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Miriam!!!! That's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun ideas! will be trying soon!, and following your blog. I found your wonderful blog at This Chick Cooks, and would love if you'd check out mine too. www.mykidsdinner.blogspot.com I'm just getting my feet wet in this amazing blogging world. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Stacy! I'll pop on over!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover