Friday, May 20, 2011

Fancy Shmancy

Recently, and in the past, there have been comments made by our friends about our daily "gourmet" dinners.  I'm giggling right now.

Yesterday, I defrosted what I thought was a bag of country-style spareribs.  It did contain spareribs, but there was more bone than meat.  The four of us would have been fighting over two ribs. 

Then my sister called asking if she and her kids could come for dinner.  This is me giggling again.

Our Thursday night gourmet dinner consisted of loaded boiled russet potatoes, steamed broccoli, grilled corn on the cob and tube biscuits.  The Dad also ate his ribs.  Giggle giggle.


Here's dinner on my (paper) plate:




By the way, grilled corn is FANTASTIC!



3 comments:

  1. Haha this made me laugh! It looks gourmet to meee! I hate doing dishes so paper plates are perfect!

     Delighted Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. is there a secret to grilled corn? i've tried it once before, and it tasted a little rawlike. Do you soak it first? how long do you cook it ? i want to try again, but am a little aprehensive... your's looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, no secret. We do it a few different ways, but this time I just melted some butter in a big bowl, threw the corn in with it, rolled it around and grilled it over direct heat for about 15 minutes. It was our first corn of the year and it was soooooooooo good! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover